butter chicken recipe
Even though you can't enjoy Knotted Thistle pub's delicious menu and cozy atmosphere at the moment... We hope we can help you make a delicious KT dish at home (because, honestly, we all need comfort food right now)!
Our Chef was generous enough to share our famous Butter Chicken recipe to you all! We recommend pairing this dish with a glass of your favourite rich white wine, like Chardonnay (or honestly, any "adult juice" will do).
- Mix all the following ingredients into a mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- 4 cups of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 tbsp of Degi chili powder
- 1/4 cup Kasuri Mehthi
- 2 tbsp of Garam Masala
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of salt
- 1 cup of ginger salt paste
- 2 cups of water
2. Add all of the curry ingredients from the bowl to a skillet on medium-heat. Cook for 2 hours covered (it might seem long but that's what makes it delicious).
3. Cut up 2.5 lbs of chicken breasts into large cubes. Cook the chicken breasts in a separate skillet with vegetable oil.
4. Once the sauce has been simmering for 2 hours and the chicken is fully cooked, add the chicken to the curry.
5. Stir in 4 cups of heavy cream to the curry.
6. Serve the curry onto a bowl of Basmati rice.
7. Before devouring your delicious dish, take a photo of your creation and share it with the world tagging us @knottedthistlepub.