COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
how we're keeping you safe
As we all continue to follow updates related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the health, safety and well-being of our guests, our Crew, and our community remains our top priority as we navigate these uncertain times.
While some travel is elective and some gatherings are optional, for you or anyone who might be visiting The Atlas° Hotel in the days and weeks to come, we wanted to assure you of the efforts which have been prepared and are underway to ensure a safe, enjoyable and memorable visit here at our property.
In accordance to worldwide communicated prevention practices, the following are a number of the proactive practices and preventative measures which have been undertaken to minimize the risk of or spread of Coronavirus within our property.
overall property measures:
- All pens provided in outlets, function rooms, guestrooms, or at the Front Desk are being regularly disinfected. We welcome you to bring or use your own if that’s preferred. Sharing of pens has also been discouraged.
- Educational COVID-19 information posters from the Canadian Government have been put up to ensure all staff and guests are aware of the virus and precautions to take to minimize the spread or contraction of it.
- Additional COVID-19 information and actions is available to anyone who is requesting it. This is available via the Front Desk.
- Enhanced disinfecting cleaning standards have been undertaken to address public spaces and high contact areas such as doors, handles, hard surfaces like countertops, railings, switches, and the like.
- Providing education to our Crew and guests on best practices to prevent the spread of the virus based on World Health Organization and CDC protocols including:
- Training on proper cough and sneezing etiquette
- Avoiding touching your face
- Practicing social distancing including encouraging no longer shaking hands or high-fiving
- Reinforcing proper hand-washing techniques and encouraging hourly hand washing for both staff and guests.
- Guests who are interested in having a contactless check-in process can arrange this via the Front Desk.
- Guestroom key cards are being disinfected between each use.
- Guests wishing to minimize their contact can leave their keys in their guestroom and utilize express check-out for a contactless experience.
- Social distancing measurements being implemented in central areas of the hotel such as:
- Tape lines in the lobby outlining appropriate distances between guests at the Front Desk.
- Recommendations for only 1 group or guest to occupy the elevator at once.
- Guestrooms with a Do Not Disturb sign are now required to be cleaned every two days regardless of signage to ensure regular disinfecting.
- We understand that you may have a variety of travel concerns during this uncertain time. If you are unsure about your particular circumstances, please know that you can cancel your room without penalty. We simply ask you to give us as much notice as you are able. Alternatively, we'd be happy to adjust your reservation for a future date if you have one in mind.
- Upon check-out guestrooms are being left vacant for a minimum of 24 hours before staff will enter the room to thoroughly clean it as a preventative measure given that the virus shouldn’t be able to live on most surfaces for this length of time.
In addition, it is our standard practice for all of our towels to be changed with every check out regardless of use. All linens in the room are cleaned with every check-out including the duvet covers. High frequency touch points such as door handles, remotes, lamp switches, the coffee maker, pens, phones, light switches, etc. are being disinfected.
These are each standards we adhere to year round and will continue to abide by even outside of the current conditions.
waterpark & gym actions:
- At this time, in accordance with government regulations to limit the exposure of groups or individuals in one space, we have temporarily closed both the waterpark and gym areas of the hotel. These spaces will remain closed until changes in government regulation are put forward. If this is to take place, the following precautions would be exercised along with any others mandated by law:
- Soaked! Waterpark proudly utilizes a state-of-the-art chemical monitoring and filtration system. The Center for Disease Control recently stated that there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread through the use of pools or hot tubs which are being properly maintained, operated and disinfected. This information can be viewed by visiting https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html.
- The waterpark is a communal gathering area. As a space with high traffic, it will undergo increased disinfecting for high contact areas such as countertops, safety railings, chairs, etc.
- The gym at the hotel will enhance its standard cleaning routine to be completed twice as often when the gym re-opens.
- Disinfecting wipes for any surfaces individuals wish to sanitize prior to making contact with or using are always provided in the gym as a property standard.
function room enhancements:
- Any function rooms in use are being utilized respecting the size limitations which have been laid out by the Government of Saskatchewan along with the option for social distancing measures to be integrated into set-ups.
- Intensive cleaning protocols including more frequent disinfectant of areas such as coffee urn handles, door handles, podiums, phones, bar counters, fridge handles, etc.
- Increased sanitization initiatives resulting in water jugs being replaced more frequently
- Serving staff will don gloves during service periods.
- Function room chairs are being sanitized using fabric disinfectant spray between functions.
- Event spaces are being limited to a single group or booking per day during this time and will not be used to accommodate multiple groups in a 24-hour period.
food & beverage measures:
In an interest to ensure we’re doing our part to flatten the curve and minimize the potential for guests to gather, all of our food & beverage outlets are closed. Further to that, given that our Kitchen operations require a number of our cooks to work in close proximity to one another we have currently paused our room service offerings at this time with the safety of our crew and guests in mind. A number of local take-out and contactless delivery options can be provided to you upon check-in. The closure of these services is being re-evaluated weekly to determine if we are in a position to safely re-open food service operations. When food & beverage operations resume, we will be doing so with the following protocols in place in addition to any others as recommended by Government or industry:
- Single staff kitchen operations are currently in place allowing us to provide basic grab and go single serve food offerings complimentary in the lobby at this time. This will be re-evaluated as we work towards regular food service operations resuming.
- Enhanced precautions in addition to regular safe food practices with:
- Increased frequency kitchen sanitization measures
- Cooks are wearing gloves throughout their shift
- The use of bulk items such as straws has been eliminated temporarily due to the potential for multiple points of contact.
- High contact touch points such as coffee urns or coffee stations in function rooms now have disinfecting wipes to accompany them for ease of cleaning between users.
- Food & Beverage staff are being instructed to wash their hands a minimum of every 20 minutes throughout the duration of their shift.
- Communicating regularly with the local health departments to be aware of any new updates immediately.
- We have reached out to our food suppliers for assurances regarding the safety of food being delivered to the hotel. They have assured us that they are:
- Temporarily restricting staff from international travel
- Monitoring their staff’s health daily
- No deliveries are being made by anyone who is ill
- Sanitizing their trucks regularly
- Ensuring all food is not coming from high risk areas
staff related actions:
- All staff have been asked to avoid travel to high-risk affected areas.
- Any of our team who may have come into contact with someone who visited a high-risk affected area have had to report this to management to ensure they aren’t exhibiting symptoms.
- Our own team’s health is being monitored daily. Staff demonstrating any symptoms regardless of how minor or those not feeling well are required to stay home as a precautionary measure.
- Offsite work spaces have been implemented for any individuals whose role doesn’t require them to work from the hotel directly.
- Additional resources and an action plan has been provided to Crew members who believe they have come into contact or could be sick with COVID-19.
- Regular disinfection of all workspaces and multiple disinfection points to be covered every 3 hours at minimum for shared workspaces.
- Staff are being encouraged and welcomed to wear masks, gloves and other protective equipment while working onsite if desired.
We are committed to continuing to monitor the CDC and WHO information in relation to this outbreak along with Government resources to ensure we are meeting and exceeding any standards and recommended action plans provided to the public.
We can't wait to see everyone again soon. Until then, stay safe, stay healthy, and stay positive.