COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
how we're keeping you safe
As we continue to follow updates related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the health, safety and well-being of our guests, our Crew, and our community remains our top priority.
While some travel is elective, for you or anyone who might be visiting The Atlas° Hotel in the days and weeks to come, we wanted to assure you of the proactive efforts which are underway to ensure a safe, enjoyable and memorable visit here at our property.
We are committed to continuing to monitor the CDC and WHO information along with other resources to ensure we are meeting and exceeding any standards and recommended action plans provided to the public.
In accordance with the current Public Health Order, the following aspects of our property have been affected:
- All of our function and meeting rooms will be available to book starting on May 30th with a limited capacity.
- Soaked! Waterpark will be open on June 1st with a maximum capacity of 35 guests at a time inside (capacity subject to change on operating procedures).
- The Knotted Thistle Pub and DISH Restaurant will be open for dine-in services starting May 17th. Until then, delicious foods via room service, via pick-up by calling 1.306.584.6340, or via delivery through Skip the Dishes or Door Dash
overall property measures:
- Masks are mandatory for everyone in public spaces on property with exception of guestrooms which are deemed private spaces.
- All pens are being regularly disinfected. We welcome you to bring or use your own if that’s preferred. Sharing of pens has also been discouraged.
- Educational COVID-19 information posters from the Canadian Government have been introduced to the property.
- Enhanced disinfecting cleaning standards have been undertaken to address public spaces and high contact areas such as doors, handles, hard surfaces like countertops, railings, switches, and the like.
- Guestroom key cards are being disinfected between each use.
- Guests wishing to minimize their contact can leave their keys in their guestroom and utilize express check-out for a minimized contact experience.
- Social distancing measures have been implemented in central areas of the hotel such as:
- Footprint decals in the lobby outlining appropriate distances between guests at the Front Desk.
- Social distancing signage has been introduced throughout the property.
- Signage in elevators.
- It is our standard practice for all of our towels, and bed linens including duvet covers to be cleaned with every check out regardless of use.
- High contact room amenities, or those which are not integral to your stay, have been proactively removed from guestrooms or replaced with single use alternatives during this time.
- High frequency touch points such as door handles, remotes, lamp switches, the coffee maker, pens, phones, light switches, etc. which are always a top priority continue to be disinfected.
food & beverage measures:
- Enhanced precautions in addition to regular safe food practices with:
- Increased frequency kitchen sanitization measures
- Cooks & servers wearing masks
- The use of bulk items such as straws have been transitioned to individually packaged options to minimize contact.
- All outlets will be requesting a contact information for the purpose of contact tracing as requested by the Government of Saskatchewan.
- A maximum of 4 people can be seated together at a single table as per government requirements.
- DISH Restaurant and the Knotted Thistle Pub will be operating at lower capacity levels with revised table layouts to enable social distancing to be observed.
- Increased disinfection and sanitation standards have been introduced for high touch items such as door handles, beer taps, payment processing machines, etc.
- DISH will no longer be serving buffet style meals at this time based on current protocols within the province.
- When visiting any of our food & beverage outlets, masks are required to be worn by staff and visitors alike. Masks may be removed when eating, drinking or while seated at your table.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be positioned at outlet entrances. Visitors will be encouraged to use them upon arrival.
- Tables are being sanitized using an approved disinfectant before they will be made available to be occupied. Signage will be present on tables identifying them as being sanitized and ready to be seated at to eliminate the potential for cross contamination.
- Reusable items such as salt and pepper shakers or menus will no longer be present on tables.
- All menus will be disinfected between each guest use. If you don’t feel comfortable interacting with a physical menu, the Knotted Thistle Pub menus will be available to be viewed virtually on their website. In DISH Restaurant a single use, disposable menu can be provided to you as an alternative.
- Tap payment functionality being encouraged to minimize machine contact. Cash will still be accepted.
- Room Service offerings available with minimal contact delivery.
- Soaked! Waterpark proudly utilizes a state-of-the-art chemical monitoring and filtration system. The Center for Disease Control has stated that there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread through the use of pools or hot tubs which are being properly maintained, operated and disinfected. This information can be viewed by visiting https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html.
- The waterpark is a communal gathering area. As a space with high traffic, it will undergo increased disinfecting for high contact areas such as water features, safety railings, chairs, etc.
- Masks are required to be worn by anyone in the waterpark who is not interacting with water features.
- Seating areas in the perimeter of the waterpark will be significantly reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Starting June 1st, the waterpark occupancy will be reduced to a total of 35 people maximum within the waterpark or on the deck.
- In addition to the total park occupancy limits, further parameters have been introduced for bodies of water such as the pool and hot tub to better facilitate social distancing in these high activity spaces.
- Social distancing signage is present within the waterpark. Our team is committed to focusing on the park attractions being used safely and the space remaining sanitized. We're asking for parents and guardians to assist with ensuring their families are staying a minimum of 6' or 2m away from other households in the park at all times.
- Room sales are being limited for the hotel as a whole in an effort to reduce the possibility of peak periods at the waterpark were lengthy wait times would be required.
- Our traditional pool parties will not be offered at the present time. Instead we have introduced a new Soaked! Spots system which permits access to the waterpark for smaller, more controlled numbers. Visit the Soaked! Waterpark website for more information on this offering.
- Shared items such as life jackets are no longer going to be able to be offered by Soaked! Waterpark as per Government of Saskatchewan recommendations for water facilities. Going forward we encourage families with children who require safety equipment to please bring these when you visit.
- In accordance with current regulations, the water fountain within the waterpark has been temporarily closed given the shared nature of it's use.
- Staff have been introduced to focus on executing additional cleaning and disinfection protocols.
- Social distancing signage has been introduced in areas were lines may form such as the staircase up to the waterslides.
- A new exit location for the waterpark has been introduced to minimize the risk of individuals coming into contact when entering and exiting the waterpark during peak periods.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are being introduced at both the entrance and exit.
- Cleansing showers are required of any individuals looking to come into contact with any attraction items or bodies of water.
staff related actions:
- All staff have been asked to avoid travel to high-risk affected areas.
- Hand washing and sanitizing standards have been implemented to take place a minimum of every hour across all departments.
- Any of our team who may have come into contact with someone who visited a high-risk affected area or contracted the virus must report this to management to ensure they aren’t exhibiting symptoms and are not to report to work.
- Our own team’s health is being monitored daily. Staff demonstrating any symptoms or those not feeling well are required to stay home as a precautionary measure in accordance with the property COVID-19 Temporary Sick Policy.
- Offsite workspaces have been implemented for any individuals whose role doesn’t require them to work from the hotel directly.
- Additional resources have been provided to Crew members who believe they have come into contact or could be sick with COVID-19.
- Regular disinfection of all workspaces and multiple disinfection points to be covered every 3 hours at minimum for shared workspaces.
- Staff are wearing masks except when working in private offices.
- Staff are wearing gloves when conducting cleaning or disinfecting duties or when preparing food services. Outside of this, gloves are not being required to be worn by staff as per the recommendation by the Health Authority of Saskatchewan.
We understand that you may have a variety of travel concerns during this uncertain time. If you are unsure about your particular circumstances, please know that you can cancel your room without penalty. We simply ask you to give us as much notice as you are able. Alternatively, we'd be happy to adjust your reservation for a future date if you have one in mind.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay positive everyone!